Saturday, January 31, 2009

Birdwatching vs. chores!

My sweety gave me these binoculars several years ago! They are awesome! I have a hard time getting chores started on Saturday mornings, because I find myself watching the birds in my yard.
A female Cardinal in the oak tree.

Goldfinches on the thistle sock!
I love to watch them hang upside-down to eat!


A Mockingbird.
Inca Doves and House Sparrows under the roses. As I was watching out the window mid-morning, a large hawk swooped down into the yard, scattering the songbirds! He actually landed on the ground in front of the birdbath! I was relieved that no songbirds became a meal! The hawk soon took off and continued to circle over the area behind my house.
Now I need to stop birdwatching and actually get some house-cleaning and laundry done for the week!
Ya'll Come Back!
Lorilee

4 comments:

  1. You do know your birds! Occasionally I mention one, and then find out later I called it by the wrong name. I sat outside all morning trying to get a decent photo of the Eastern Bluebird. But never did.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brenda,
    I wish I knew birds well! I know what I see often and keep a good book handy!!
    Blessings,
    Lorilee

    ReplyDelete
  3. LORILEE,
    I LOVE YOUR BIRD PICTURES ESPECIALLY THE ONE OF THE MOCKING BIRD. THAT IS A VERY PROFESSIONAL PICTURE. I LOVE ALL THE PICTURES, THOUGH. WE HAVE GOLDFINCH FEEDERS BUT I HAVE NEVER SEEN A THISTLE SOCK...THAT IS INTERESTING.
    BLESSINGS
    debbie

    ReplyDelete

Howdy, Thanks for dropping in. I love to hear from you!

I HEART...

What kind of flower are you?

I am a
Sunflower

What Flower
Are You?

The Apronista

The Apronista